TEL: 86-13326352557

Aluminum ingot

Brief introduction—— Aluminum is a silver white metal that ranks third in content in the Earth's crust after oxygen and silicon. The density of aluminum is small, only 34.61% of iron and 30.33% of copper, so it is also called Light metal. Aluminum is a non-ferrous metal in the world, second only to steel in terms of production and usage.…

TEl: 86-1332635255786-13326352557

Details / Content details

Scan your phone

Aluminum is a silver white metal that ranks third in content in the Earth's crust after oxygen and silicon. The density of aluminum is small, only 34.61% of iron and 30.33% of copper, so it is also called Light metal. Aluminum is a non-ferrous metal in the world, second only to steel in terms of production and usage. The density of aluminum is only 2.7103g/cm ³, Approximately one-third of the density of steel, copper, or brass. Due to its lightweight material, aluminum is commonly used in the manufacturing of land, sea, and air transportation vehicles such as cars, trains, subways, ships, airplanes, rockets, and spacecraft to reduce self weight and increase loading capacity.

Classification Overview

Aluminum ingots are divided into three types according to their composition: remelting aluminum ingots, high-purity aluminum ingots, and aluminum alloy ingots; According to shape and size, it can be divided into several types: bar ingots, round ingots, plate ingots, T-shaped ingots, etc.

Several common aluminum ingots

Aluminum ingots for remelting -15kg, 20kg (≤ 99.80% Al):

T-shaped aluminum ingot -500kg, 1000kg (≤ 99.80% Al):

High purity aluminum ingot -10kg, 15kg (99.90%~99.999% Al)

Aluminum alloy ingots -10kg, 15kg (Al Si, Al Cu, Al Mg);

Plate ingot -500-1000kg (for plate making);

Round ingot -30-60kg (for wire drawing).

production process

The production of aluminum ingots consists of Bauxite mining, alumina production, aluminum electrolysis and other production links.

First, Bauxite is mined, and then aluminum ore powder is produced through water washing, grinding and other processes, and then aluminum oxide is obtained through four complex processes, including roasting. There are three types of Bauxite to produce aluminum oxide: Gibbsite, diaspore and boehmite.

Of the proven global reserves of Bauxite, 92% are weathered laterite Bauxite, belonging to Gibbsite type. These Bauxite are characterized by low silicon, high iron, and high alumina silica ratio, and are concentrated in western Africa, Oceania, and Central and South America. The remaining 8% are sedimentary Bauxite, belonging to boehmite and diaspore type, with medium and low grade, mainly distributed in Greece, the former Yugoslavia and Hungary.

Due to the different characteristics of the three kinds of Bauxite, each alumina production enterprise has adopted different production processes, mainly including Bayer process process, Soda lime sintering process and Bayer sintering combined process. Generally, high-grade Bauxite is produced by Bayer process process, and low-grade Bauxite is produced by combined process or sintering process. Due to its simple process and low energy consumption, the Bayer process has become the most widely used method in alumina production, accounting for approximately 95% of the global total alumina production.

Under the action of strong current, aluminum oxide is electrolyzed to produce aluminum metal, and this process is called electrolytic aluminum;

Online Message

message
ScanScan
  • Contacts:tamiren
  • Mobile:86-13326352557
  • TEL:86-13326352557
  • Q Q:
  • Mailbox:tamiren@lgtgsteel.com
  • Address:Room 2214-15, Building 12, Xingguang International Financial Center, Liaocheng Economic Development Zone, Shandong Province
在线客服

If you are interested in this product! Please leave us a message or contact our company directly!